drank Sea Breeze Green Tea by 52teas

Hmm… this is interesting. I’ve never had the cocktail before, as I’ve said before, I’m not a big drinker, I was at one time a bit more of a “party animal” than I am now, but back then my cocktail of choice was usually a fuzzy navel.

But, I’m liking this combination. I wasn’t really sure about it at first, because my thought was … cranberry + grapefruit = very sour and maybe even bitter. And yes, there certainly is some sour notes to this, but, not sour in a pucker-y kind of way… it has a smoothness to it, and the tartest part of it is the finish and aftertaste where I am getting that tangy grapefruit acidity, as well as the tingly berry tartness. But even that isn’t disagreeable, it has a pleasantness to it all.

The Sencha gives it a nice sweetness… and I think that while the zesty character of the fruit flavors tends to infringe upon the buttery aspects of the Sencha … it does so in a good way. It doesn’t really eliminate the buttery notes, it actually draws attention to it by cutting short its presence, if that makes sense.

These flavors work really well together, and I’m very pleasantly surprised by how much I’m enjoying this. It’s going to make a stunning iced tea!

I am obsessed with tea!