drank Ginger Ale Bai Mu Dan by 52teas

I hot brewed more of this last night for iced tea today… and this morning, my package from Amazon arrived, so tonight I’ll cold-brew one of Frank’s new teas (probably go with the rainbow sherbet again since that’s the only one I got 2 of, and I wanted to experiment before I went with cold-brewing the others).

Anyway… this is light, refreshing and delicious. Yummy.

Azzrian

yay your cold brew pitcher came!

LiberTEAS

Yes… I’m actually much happier with it than I thought I would be. It’s nothing fancy and it’s not necessarily intended for tea (it doesn’t have any fancy infuser gadgetry or anything) but that’s part of what I like about it. All of the glass brewing pitchers with the infuser gadgets attached were either made of plastic or were so costly that I couldn’t justify the cost of it. I don’t drink that much iced tea – in the warm weather like now, I drink a half a gallon of iced tea a day, but, in cooler weather, I don’t drink it at all, so that would mean about a half a year of no use. I’m not spending 50+ on a pitcher when I won’t be using it regularly. I could easily justify the $250 I spent on my breville tea maker because that is something that I do use five to ten times a day, every single day… but not $50 for something I’d use for brewing a half gallon of tea every day for one and a half seasons out of the year.

LiberTEAS

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/Bormioli-Rocco-Frigoverre-Hermetic-4-Ounce/dp/B0000DE9B5/ref=sr_1_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1341880799&sr=1-3&keywords=iced+tea I like the way it closes. It screws closed and has a gasket type seal, so I won’t have to worry about accidental spills.

Azzrian

Thank you for that link! I just added one to my cart! I am going to be making some home brewed Kumbucha (sp?) here soon and need a couple large sized containers with good sealing lids! This should do it!

LiberTEAS

You’re very welcome. I’ve had it less than a day and I’m really quite impressed with it thus far. The lid seals really well, so I do think it would be good for your kombucha.

Comments

Azzrian

yay your cold brew pitcher came!

I am obsessed with tea!