drank 2011 Mansai by The Essence of Tea

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this Puerh.

This has a smoky flavor to it which melds nicely with the earthy notes. Notes of wood, and a bitterness that contrasts with the sweetness… I don’t usually taste bitterness in a Puerh, and this isn’t a distasteful kind of bitterness, but a savory one which adds to the richness and complexity of the overall cup. As I continue to sip, the sweetness seems to increase as the bitterness becomes smoother.

Enjoyable.

Bonnie

Lucky you!

ScottTeaMan

I really like Puerh teas, and have never had one with any bitterness. I’ve recently decided that for me, a really good Puerh is tasty anytime! I have been reaching for other teas in the hotter weather. The Bana Denong Wild 2010 was really good!

LiberTEAS

With this tea, the bitterness starts out as a savory bitter taste, and evolves toward a more sour note. It’s actually quite interesting, how this tea develops.

Comments

Bonnie

Lucky you!