drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

I’ve been so excited and eager to try this tea since I saw that Stacy from Butiki Teas was going to try to make a Tamarind blend for AlphaKitty. The only other “tea” that I’ve had with Tamarind was a sparkling yerba mate RTD, and somehow, I don’t think that really qualifies since it’s a RTD. And it’s yerba mate. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVED that yerba mate, but, I have been wanting a “real” tea with tamarind since tasting that sparkling yerba mate.

I LOVE the aroma of the dry leaf. It smells like candy: sweet with hints of chocolate and vanilla and brown sugar. The brewed liquor smells lovely as well.

The flavor is rich. I like that I taste that Guranse base first and foremost. It is earthy and rich and bold – even bolder than I remember my tasting of the pure Guranse. Maybe the tamarind brings out the stronger side of the tea? Anyway, the natural fruit tones of the tea seem to play very well with the flavor of the tamarind.

Even though I grew up in Southern California and I’ve had a lot of experience with Hispanic foods, tamarind is one that I never really became very familiar with, so I haven’t really tried a lot of tamarind (at least, not to my recollection or knowledge) But, I really like this. It tastes sweet, a little bit sour, and quite unlike anything I’ve really tried before.

I am tasting this straight today, but, Stacy told me that I should try it both ways – sweetened and unsweetened – as they are two totally different teas. Tomorrow, I shall brew a pot and sweeten it and see how it turns out. But for now, I’m really enjoying this cup unsweetened. It has a very unique flavor, not like anything else I’ve tried, and I’m loving it.

Alphakitty

I’m really happy I picked the Guranse base for this—I almost went with Ceylon, but I don’t think it would have been nearly as good or made it into the regular lineup! I adds such nice earthy notes.

Bonnie

Yum….it’s good. I love the Guranse!

Butiki Teas

Alphakitty-Guranse was definitely a great choice.
LiberTEAS-Very curious to see what you think of the tea with sugar.

Comments

Alphakitty

Bonnie

Yum….it’s good. I love the Guranse!

Butiki Teas

Alphakitty-Guranse was definitely a great choice.
LiberTEAS-Very curious to see what you think of the tea with sugar.

I am obsessed with tea!