I LOVE love LOVE this tea! OMG!

For a couple of years now, I’ve been on a quest of sorts: to find the best grapefruit flavored tea. It all started after visiting a tea house in Arizona, and loving the grapefruit tea that I had there. I even chatted with someone else from Steepster, and he managed to locate the tea supplier of the tea house, and learned that the grapefruit tea that they serve there is the one from Lupicia. I had tried the tea from Lupicia… and somehow, it just didn’t taste the same. I suspect it has something to do with the water composition in Arizona, or something because I am not able to get the grapefruit green tea from Lupicia to taste as good as I remember the green tea was that I enjoyed at that tea house.

But I think I may have found the grapefruit tea! And can you believe that it happens to be a wine-infused green tea with grapefruit peel? This is absolutely MARVELOUS! The grapefruit is prominent, but, it captures the sweet elements of the fruit while the bitter elements of the grapefruit are somehow softened or eliminated … I don’t know. But this is not bitter, this just tastes like sweet grapefruit. With a hint of fruity wine. And sweet, slightly vegetative green tea.

And it tastes wonderful. I love this.

Ooh this sounds interesting. Your posts on the vintage wines have had me intrigued already but this one might be something to really try :)

Kittenna

Someone on here was looking for the perfect grapefruit tea, but I can’t remember who…. maybe Alphakitty??

LiberTEAS

I don’t remember seeing anyone else looking for it… but it has been a quest of mine for the past few years… after visiting Arizona. It’s funny, but I actually found THE tea that the tea house used … the tea that I fell so much in love with, but I don’t know if it’s just the memory of the place or the water quality or any thing else… but, the tea tasted better in AZ than it did when I tried it at home.

But this … THIS tastes like the tea I remember… or at least, it evokes those same wonderful feelings that the tea in Arizona did. And really, that’s what it’s about, I think.

Alphakitty

I was indeed looking for the perfect grapefruit tea! Definitely adding this to the list… probably far ahead of a few other orders I should make soon.

Comments