drank Palau Peach by Jade Monk

This is a bit different than I was expecting. It is definitely PEACH, which I was expecting, and there is definitely green tea. But this reminds me more of a green tea power drink than a typical matcha. It isn’t quite as creamy as a matcha, and it doesn’t froth up like matcha.

But that doesn’t mean it’s not tasty. It is sweet and deliciously peachy! I do wish that there was no stevia in this, but I am glad that the cane juice manages to curb the taste of the stevia somewhat. I don’t really like the funky taste of stevia, but other than that, I am enjoying this.

It tastes a bit more like a sports drink or punch than it does matcha … more like a green tea made for people who typically don’t like green tea but still want the benefits of green tea, if you know what I mean. That doesn’t make it bad, it just makes it a bit different. Not your typical Matcha… for the other three flavors of this that I have, though, I think that I will use cold water instead of hot, because I think it’s better chilled.

Bonnie

I don’t like stevia hot either…bitter taste.

Tamm

This sounds really interesting! I think I’ve seen their website before, but the tea wasn’t available last time I was there.

Batrachoid

Where did you find this?! I’ve had their website bookmarked for a year! But they’ve never had it available for sale.

LiberTEAS

They sent it to me to review. :)

jademonk

Although the base is, indeed, matcha, we’re not trying to appeal to the tea connoisseur or matcha purist, but rather make an economical, palatable, and quickly consumed beverage for the general consumer and on-the-go people (no need to go through the traditional mixing method of matcha….mix in cold water and enjoy). Matcha is an acquired taste and does not typically appeal to the general consumer. Because of this, our goal was to balance the flavor and sweetness while providing the benefits of this great tea, thus making it more mainstream. You mention stevia in your post – we set out with the goal not to overload our drinks with tons of useless sugar (America has one of the highest levels of obesity and Type II diabetes which is primarily caused by the high sugar consumption we now face) while at the same time appealing to the sweet tooth in everybody.
With all this in mind, please try to enjoy the product in cold water as well and approach it not from a tea connoisseur’s viewpoint but rather the general consumer.

We look forward to the readers of this blog trying it themselves. Use the promo code ‘try10’ for 10% off your first order.

Sincerely,
Jade Monk

LiberTEAS

Thank you for commenting @JadeMonk – I agree with you and your reasons for wanting to minimize the amount of sugar that you put in these drink mixes and I commend you for that … and if I had to choose between stevia and other low cal sweeteners (aspartame, for example), I’d choose stevia, because I am allergic to aspartame. And after trying the cranberry blood orange flavor as a cold drink, I do agree that it is much better served this way. The stevia tastes less funky.

I do understand and appreciate the consumer you’re trying to reach with this product, and if it gets more people liking tea, in whatever form it might be … all the better!

Comments

Bonnie

I don’t like stevia hot either…bitter taste.

Tamm

Batrachoid

LiberTEAS

They sent it to me to review. :)

jademonk