drank Fig Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

When I saw this Matcha on the homepage of Red Leaf Tea, I had to put it in my shopping cart. I love fig. It brings back happy memories from my childhood (much the same way that the mention of boysenberry matcha did) – at one point when I was very small, I lived on a farm, and there was a fig orchard there. I don’t remember a whole lot about who it was that I lived there with, but I do remember spending lazy summer afternoons strolling through the fig orchard, picking the ripe figs and eating them right away, when they were still warm from the sun.

When I opened the pouch of tea, I could smell the figs. It almost smelled like a package of fig newtons. It smelled of figs but something a little more. Something sweet, something almost cake-y about it.

The flavor is amazing and quite unlike any matcha I’ve tried yet. There is a spiciness to this that I don’t think I’ve ever noticed in a matcha before. It is like the sweet flavor of the fig has brought this interesting note to the surface. It is a vegetative spicy tone … which is why I attribute it to the matcha. The matcha is, of course, smooth and creamy, but what I’m really finding most intriguing is this wonderful vegetal spice. The overall flavor is warm, autumnal, and really very good. Love this!

Azzrian

Another one for my list! I almost got this one. I am working on my french vanilla review and waiting on credit for two others. Been sick sleeping all day so behind on my endless matcha thon.

MegWesley

And the matcha list keeps growing. I will have to consult my finances and just see if I have enough to get a tin of some matcha. My birthday is going to be coming up in a few months.

LiberTEAS

This one is good. It’s weird because… I wouldn’t classify this as a favorite, however, this is one that I could see myself keeping on hand over the two that are my favorites (thus far): pear and caramel. I think it’s because I tend to go through phases when I want FIG and I think that this would satisfy that better than a fig newton would. :)

CupofTree

I liked your fig story.. love fig newtons too. This just may be a matcha flavor I would try.

Tamm

This sounds so good right now! I am so tempted to get in on this matcha thing. I just had two bowls of matcha tonight and I am back on the train!

Comments

Azzrian

MegWesley