drank Hazelnut Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

OH my! This is yummy!

I was amazed at how fragrant it is. From the moment I opened the pouch, I could smell the aroma of the Matcha, it literally filled the kitchen. My mouth began to water. I love hazelnuts – I live in the Pacific Northwest, after all! – but I’ll be honest, I didn’t expect to love this as much as I do. I figured I’d like it, but, this is really exceeding any expectations I may have had. Blowing them away with how delicious it is.

I ordered the starter Matcha with the distinctive level of flavoring which is my go-to specs on most Matcha. And it works very well for my personal tastes … however, I will say that usually I find that the distinctive level usually delivers a well-balanced Matcha that tastes pretty equally of Matcha and flavor … but here, the Hazelnut does win out over the Matcha.

That does not mean that the matcha is not tasted … it definitely is there, but the hazelnut does outshine the flavor of the matcha a bit, so if you want a more balanced bowl of Matcha, with this particular flavor I might recommend to try the delicate level of flavoring.

As it is though, I am very happy with the distinctive flavoring. This is deliciously hazelnut, with tasty notes of sweet, vegetative Matcha … and they meld together very nicely.

Very yummy … I’m wondering how it might taste with a pinch of salt, so this is hopefully something I’ll remember the next time I whisk up a bowl of this Matcha!

Terri HarpLady

Wow, that sounds amazing! And I bet it would be awesome to mix with the Carmel Matcha I ordered! Note to self….

Lynxiebrat

Thanks for mentioning about how balanced or not the different flavors there are between distinctive and delicate. would the type of matcha (white, black,etc.) effect the flavoring?

LiberTEAS

@Lynxiegrl: I am sure it would. My go to is always the green Matcha and I think that has more to do with the fact that I am just “used” to Matcha being green. The other teas being used as Matcha … the ones I’ve tried … have been tasty, but they’re so different from what I know as Matcha.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Lynxiebrat