I am revisiting this tea this evening. (I also revisited it last night, but, did not have a chance to log that because my daughter stopped by for a visit!)

The first time I brewed this, I thought it was a black tea because I didn’t read the box very carefully … I had noticed “Yunnan” but not “dark tea” on the website, and thought it was a black Yunnan that had been scented with the cinnamon wood. The first tasting, I thought I had tasted pu-erh, but, had I realized that this WAS a pu-erh I would have brewed it differently.

Now that I was able to brew this the way I would normally brew a pu-erh, I am able to really appreciate this tea. The cinnamon flavor is pleasantly subtle as the tea has been scented by the wood caddy that it is stored in, rather than flavored with cinnamon oil or blended with cinnamon chips. This makes for a pleasantly light cinnamon taste that allows me to explore the sweeter side of the spice, as well as the warm side. It is really nice, and I like how well the earthy notes of the Pu-erh meld with the earthiness of the cinnamon. It’s really quite nice.

Plus… the caddy is SUPER cool!

SimpliciTEA

That caddy certainly looks very earthy, and stylish.

Comments

SimpliciTEA

That caddy certainly looks very earthy, and stylish.

I am obsessed with tea!