Muscatel!

If you’ve ever read a tasting note or tea review and read the word “muscatel” and wondered exactly what it might taste like – this is the tea to try. This tea will show you through its amazing flavor what muscatel is. It is more than grape. It is a wine-like taste, grape, sure … but a fermented grape. Sweet and dry. Hints of black currant. Even notes of musky spice and wood. This tea has that. And it is SO good.

This is quite possibly one of the most pronounced muscatel tastes that I’ve yet to experience.

The tea itself is also a bit different from other Darjeeling teas that I’ve tried – which tend to be light, crisp and even a bit sparkling in nature. This tea has more of a Ceylon-like body, not quite as crisp and sparkling, it is more substantial. Smooth and silky. Sweet. Dry without a overwhelming astringency.

Just plain … amazing.

Azzrian

Mmmmm Muscat! So good!

Kiaharii

So I’m still learning about Darjeeling teas, but do you know if this is spring/summer/first flush/whatever. I’ve got a Margaret’s Hope (which is guess is the estate) Autumnal so I was just wondering. :)

DARJEELING TEA LOVERS

Kiaharii.. Hi. This is a 2nd Flush tea. It is made with the CHINA variety of plants. Also MUSCATEL teas are only available during 2ND FLUSH. This flavour will not be found in teas of any other season. For more details visit our website www.darjeelingtealovers.com. You may also contact us at [email protected]

Comments

Azzrian

Mmmmm Muscat! So good!