This is the random tea that I received as part of Pekko Teas’ generous offer a couple of weeks ago in the forum. I am glad that this is the tea that was chosen for me, because really, it is not a tea I would have selected for myself. I’m not big on Lapsang Souchong, I’m just starting to gain an appreciation for it, and I don’t generally add them to my cart when shopping for tea.

I like this one. It’s smoky, of course, but, after a quick rinse, I find that it’s not too smoky, and I can easily discover the caramel-y undertones and even a hint of pine, and the earthy undertones. It’s quite a lovely tea. Sweet, smoky and interesting.

I am obsessed with tea!