drank KaiMatcha Premium by KaiMatcha

This is seriously one of the BEST Matcha I’ve tried. Since I’m not drinking it side-by-side with another high quality Matcha, I can’t say it’s the absolute best, but, it definitely ranks right up there in the top three, if not #1. Yes, it’s that good.

First of all, after having consumed so many flavored Matcha (and yes, I love those too), I’ve kind of forgotten what REAL Matcha froth is like. This is thick and foamy and lush! The color is vivid, bright green. And the flavor is superb. Sweet, vegetative, of course, but, not like some other Matcha … this is buttery and more like mild steamed vegetables with a hint of grass rather than grassy and/or vegetative. It’s milder, mellower, and the strong buttery tones mellow it out further. This doesn’t have the bittersweet taste that I often talk about with Matcha, this has no bitterness whatsoever. It’s just sweet. Sweet and lush and green and DELICIOUS! Thick and creamy. And there is some pleasing complexity to this too, every once in a while I could swear that I taste a note of cocoa in the background. Or sometimes a hint of flower … or a fruitier tone that I didn’t notice previously. It plays games with the palate, but in the very best way possible – it keeps the palate interested and keeps me sipping.

An excellent Matcha. TRY this Matcha!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Having never had matcha…I don’t know much about it. About how many servings are in an ounce? It just seems VERY expensive to me. :/

Alphakitty

My post office is holding mine hostage, I’m so anxious to try it out after reading so many amazing reviews!

Babble

Now I’m really jealous of everyone that run, LOL

LiberTEAS

@Whispering Pines: I really don’t know how many servings are in an ounce as I’ve never really calculated it. I eyeball everything anyway, so my calculations wouldn’t be precise versus someone who might weigh and measure everything.

But Matcha is more expensive than most teas, and for good reason. It is made from tencha, which is essentially Gyokuro (only processed slightly differently). After it’s been dried, the stems and veins are removed and the leaves are stone ground into a very, very fine powder. There is a lot of work and tea that goes in to producing a single ounce, and so it costs more.

Oh, and it’s worth it!

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Alphakitty