drank Talk To Me by Shoti Maa Tea

Hmm… well, I can definitely smell the licorice, to e honest, I was really hoping to smell more of the lavender, but, I can barely discern it at all from the scent … in either the dry leaf or the brewed tisane. I can smell the cardamom, an hint of mint, and the licorice.

The flavor is very herbal. As in medicinal. It has a sort of medicine-y taste. It’s not a horrible taste, but not something I’d want to drink on a regular basis either.

And I LOVE licorice, but, here, combined with the other herbs, in a sort of weird combination, it just isn’t working for me as well as I had hoped it would. It’s alright, but, nothing I’m all giddy or excited over. I can finish the cup, but, I don’t know that this is something I’d buy. It might be good for occasions when I was feeling under the weather, because a nice side affect is that I feel my throat feeling very soothed as a result of sipping this.

It’s not bad … it’s just not my favorite. I think this would be better if it were lighter on the licorice, and maybe heavier on the lavender or perhaps the mint. Which is weird for me to say because I like licorice… but in this particular combination, it’s just not working out for me all that well.

I am obsessed with tea!