Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea.

This is an adventurous tea – it takes the palate on an adventure. It is also quite different than I expected it to be. With a name like Tropical Island, I expected something pineapple or papaya or mango … or a combination of these flavors. But I didn’t get those at all.

The first flavor that I tasted was lime. It really stood out over all other flavors in the cup with the first two or three sips. After that, the blackberry flavors began to emerge, and I also began to notice the flavor of the black tea. After a few more sips, I tasted a sort of “sweet and sour” kind of taste, and I guess that’s from the sour sap? Soursop? I’m not real familiar with this fruit, as I tend to shy from things called sour. But, I’m liking it just fine here.

By about mid-cup, I notice a hint … very subtle hint … of pear.

A really intriguing cup that kept me on my toes. I like the challenge that this tea offers.

I am obsessed with tea!