When I first opened the pouch, the rice scent was there, but it really came to life after I started brewing the tea in my gaiwan. It really smells like rice.

Wow… this tastes so good. As I sip on my first cup of this tea, I’m thinking that this could easily become my favorite Oolong – I love this tea. It tastes so much like the rice that … after I cook rice for my family’s dinner, some rice gets stuck to the bottom of my rice cooker, and gets slightly overcooked. Not burnt, but it does get browned and caramel-y. It has a wonderful, chewy texture and a flavor that is a combination of caramel and rice … top that with just a drizzle of melted butter and you have the makings of one of my favorite treats. This becomes dessert for me on the nights that I serve rice for dinner!

And this tea tastes so much like that! Oh yum! It is sweet, just a little caramel-y, buttery, and absolutely wonderful. The Oolong has a hint of vegetal and floral tones, a slight jasmine-esque note, and notes of kettle corn!

I am loving this stuff!

Amariel

This sounds yummy! I love oolngs and I love rice teas!

DaisyChubb

ohhhhh my gosh! I must check shipping prices to canada! This tea sounds near perfect

KittyKat88

Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only on who ate the pancakey layer of burnt rice on the bottom! Its one of my favorite treats too, but so hard to replicate; you cant make a whole thing of rice every time you want one. I tried to purposely do this once by adding just a little rice to the bottom and cooking it, thinking I would make a “batch” of burnt rice pancakes but sadly it did not turn out.

James Henderson Robe

@DaisyChubb if ever you’re interested in buying some Sticky Rice Oolong we have flat rate international shipping surcharges, £2.95 on top of UK postage to North America however, if it costs us less, we refund the difference.

Our international shipping system is not particularly great on our existing site but, this will all change with our new site launching in the New Year!

Geoffrey Norman

They make an oolong of this?!

DaisyChubb

Wow thanks James! I will definitely look into it – you have some very delicious looking teas :)

James Henderson Robe

@Geoffrey yup! I too had only ever seen Pu Erh versions but my sister came across this in Thailand while visiting suppliers and sourcing teas for us this summer.

@DaisyChubb Thanks!

James

Comments

Amariel

This sounds yummy! I love oolngs and I love rice teas!

KittyKat88

Geoffrey Norman

They make an oolong of this?!

@DaisyChubb Thanks!