I’m loving this tea. It tastes very coconut-y and it’s authentic tasting. It doesn’t taste artificial. The black tea is robust without being too aggressive, and the coconut flavor is smooth and creamy. I did not make this in to a latte, just enjoying it straight up and there’s lots of coconut flavor. I imagine that the milk would only enhance the creaminess of the coconut.

Really yummy.

Edited to change the rating … it deserves much higher than an 86. As this cools, it becomes so creamy and coconut-y delicious.

Nik

Sometimes, I feel like we’re all drinking the same/similar teas from our favourite tea sellers who are active in the Steepster community. It’s nice to read a tasting note on something completely different. =)

Ysaurella

I agree Nik, especially these 2 last weeks with an heavy presence of matchas.

Helena

I like drinking teas from companies/people who are active on steepster because I get to know them a little bit :D it is nice to try something different though :D

Ysaurella

I agree with you too Helena because they are often hand crafted companies and love their job with passion.
My only concern is with the over-exposition of some teas on Steepster on a short period and the links which redirect on the product page of the E-teamerchant.

gmathis

A work friend of mine had wonderful things to say about NM Tea Company, and one sample from Nicole was really nice…bears some further investigation, I think.

Nicole

NM Teas are very good. They along with 3-4 others are the only e-merchants on my “must keep in business” list :) Haven’t tried the coconut. On the shopping list it goes.

New Mexico Tea Company

Thanks for your review! I think coconut is a particularly hard flavor to get right because people have an association to sun tan lotion. (Jasmine can be like this too, as it can remind people of perfume or soap.) Im happy you liked it as much as I do.

LiberTEAS

The problem with Jasmine is that tea should not be “flavored” with jasmine oil or flavoring … the jasmine notes should come from the layering process. Otherwise, it does end up tasting like perfume or soap.

Comments

Nik

Ysaurella

I agree Nik, especially these 2 last weeks with an heavy presence of matchas.

Helena