Are you kidding me? I’m the first to log this one? It’s available here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/maple-syrup-matcha.html

OK… so this is really good! This is the time of year that I find maple so appealing, and I guess it is because I can readily find maple candies and such in Whole Foods. (I love those maple candies) I mean, I love maple just about any time of year, but, it just seems to go with autumn.

I went with the Robust flavoring with this particular matcha, still sticking with the classic grade of Matcha, but I decided that I wanted robust with this because I REALLY wanted to taste the Maple. And I’m glad I did, because the maple flavoring is a transparent enough of a flavor that the Matcha taste still comes through … even with the robust flavoring level. I taste the sweet, delicious taste of maple and the Matcha, with its smooth, vegetative tone. The Matcha is slightly bittersweet in this particular flavor, but I think it works to this flavor’s advantage because the hint of bitter offers a hint of contrast to what otherwise might be something that could end up tasting a bit too sweet. I also do taste just a hint of that chemical-y kind of artificial-ness that sometimes I taste with the flavored Matcha … but it isn’t a strong taste … I don’t notice it a lot … only when I’m really focusing on what I’m tasting for the purpose of review. I don’t know if this is because I chose the robust flavor, or if it’s going to be there no matter which flavoring level I would have selected.

I prepared this traditionally with hot water and whisked – it frothed up really nicely, although now that I’m about halfway finished with the bowl the froth seems to have disappeared. I bet this one would be awesome as a latte. I also look forward to mixing it with the chai matcha which I have coming my way next.

A really enjoyable Matcha and I’m already starting to feel extra energized – which is good, I have to get busy with some house cleaning!

Helena

who doesn’t love maple?? now I need maple fudge :D and I can’t wait to try this :D

seule771

I made a comment to my in-laws about buying some Maple Tea, a favorite tea in Canada, I think, anyhow here is this review on Matcha with Maple in it. or such. I may add to purchase list. I must remember I am poor and impulsive. good review, I wish mine were as good. In time, but no.

Comments

Helena

seule771