Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea to try.

I can’t say that I’m as excited by this tea as she was, but it is good. I guess I’ve just become spoiled with teas like the Chocolate “O” from The Tea Spot and Double Chocolate Decadence from 52Teas … and I think that the black tea base provides a much better base for chocolate-y flavors than does rooibos. This tastes too much like rooibos to satisfy the chocoholic in me.

That’s not to say it’s not good, it is… I just want more chocolate.

It smelled very rich and chocolate-y when I opened the pouch, and it does taste chocolate-y too, but I also taste the rooibos and I guess that’s sort of what’s making me less than excited about it. It’s good … not great, but good.

LiberTEAS

I will say this, as I continue to sip … the chocolate-y notes become stronger, and I taste less rooibos. So, things are looking up!

Nik

I might have to try this one. Even if the black tea works as a better base for a chocolate tea, my inability to tolerate caffeine means this blend will work much better for me. (Plus rooibos is my favourite.)

LiberTEAS

Yeah I think my main hold up on this tisane is that I’m not really fond of rooibos. It’s OK, and I like that it’s naturally caffeine free, but, I just would rather have tea than rooibos. :)

Comments

LiberTEAS

Nik