drank Earl of Anxi by Verdant Tea

Thank you to Azzrian for sending me a bit of this tea … it’s awesome!

This is a totally interesting and unique take on Earl Grey – so much so that you’ll question whether or not you’re actually drinking a bergamot flavored tea! It is so amazingly balanced to create an amazingly smooth beverage unlike anything I’ve ever tasted.

The goji berry accents the tangy notes of the citrus, while the sweetness of the Oolong offers a balance to the acidic nature of these ingredients. The frankincense offers balance to the fragrant notes, while the jasmine accentuates the floral tones but not in a way that comes off too flowery. The saffron offers an undertone of savory bitterness to the overall cup and together the ingredients create a delicious new way to taste bergamot.

If you’re a fan of bergamot, you really should try this. It really changes the profile of bergamot, while keeping some of the basic qualities of it … and the end result is a really wonderful and new way to experience the exotic fruit.

I really, really like this. David outdid himself with this blend! It’s amazing!

Azzrian

Wish I could have sent ya more, I only had a little left. xo

Bonnie

I hope you steeped this several times, the incense comes out fully at about the third steeping. I didn’t figure that out on the first time around.

Scatterbrain

Wow, this tea never appealed to me before reading this review but now it does. Very good job of describing the “alchemy” of this tea. I feel like I didn’t understand it before but now I do. Haha

LiberTEAS

I’m actually on my third infusion now … I had a dinner date with my oldest daughter this evening so I’m just now settling in and enjoying this tea a third time. It’s really amazing… it becomes smoother and yes, I know what you mean about the incense sensation, it smells just like an incense shop … when you walk past it in the mall, I can smell the frankincense very distinctly. It’s really a remarkable tea … I can’t get over how well everything works together.

Comments

Azzrian

Wish I could have sent ya more, I only had a little left. xo