Hurray! My taste buds are back in action!

I was really starting to get worried there, when last night I could still sense that my taste buds were still not quite working right. But, today, my husband took me out to breakfast and I could taste everything, and while I don’t quite have my appetite back to what it was (I couldn’t finish breakfast), I could taste all the wonderful flavors again.

But after breakfast I was still feeling a little weary so I needed a nap … so believe it or not this is my first cup of tea of the day! (The tea that they served at the restaurant was not worth drinking) And what a lovely cuppa this is.

This is a fantastic Darjeeling, MUSCATEL! A lovely muscatel note – sweet and fruity, with a fermented grape like flavor (wine-y), and also a very clean … almost effervescent kind of taste that ties into the astringency. That is not to say this is overly astringent, in fact, I find it to be very lightly astringent when considering this is a Darjeeling and I often find them to be more astringent than this. But the bubbly, I almost want to say it tastes almost like sparkling mineral water … and this taste together with the slight astringency gives it a very light, crisp, clean taste that is really quite lovely.

Notes of oak in the background, vaguely earthy … these flavors are especially noticeable in the aftertaste. A beautiful, complex cup.

It’s so nice to have my palate back!

Azzrian

Oh this sounds absolutely wonderful!
So happy you can taste again – a great tea to start back up with too!

LiberTEAS

Yes… I am so glad I can taste again… fully taste. Not muffled by what seems to be a blanket over my tongue. LOL! Really, the only symptoms that still bog me down now are my eyes (the conjunctivitis is REALLY putting up a fight), and my ears. I can hear certain sounds, but not all. I will be in the kitchen right next to my Breville and I don’t hear the “ready” bell from it. I can hear my husband in the living room right now as he talks to the TV, but, when he’s standing next to me, I have a hard time hearing him. Muffled ears … but at least not muffled taste buds!

Nik

Some snarky person (not I, of course) would have some choice words to say about you not hearing hubby when he’s right next to you. :D (I kid, I kid.) Welcome back, tastebuds!

Comments

Azzrian

Oh this sounds absolutely wonderful!
So happy you can taste again – a great tea to start back up with too!

LiberTEAS