I love a good Houjicha and this one is definitely good. Sweet and toasty and soothing too. The toasty notes give this a very autumnal feel. Nutty, sweet and delicious. There is very little astringency to this. I don’t really notice much of a smoky note, but more of a roasty-toasty kind of taste to it. The smokiness seems to arrive toward the end of the sip, and linger into the aftertaste.

Overall, a very enjoyable cup of tea – I love the teas from the Obubu Plantation and I’m glad to learn that Tealet has started to offer them.

I am obsessed with tea!