drank Cola Chai by Kally Tea

I thought I had seen this tea reviewed here before, but I guess not!

This is really quite an interesting tisane. I could distinctly smell the cola notes when I opened the sample pouch, brewed, the cola aroma is not there so much – it’s a spicier fragrance. But dry, it’s definitely cola!

And I can taste cola notes too. This is definitely one of the better rooibos chai blends I’ve had, and that’s difficult for me to say since I actually had a rooibos chai blend that I created when I was doing my flavoring and blending thing. But, I am loving the cola aspect of this chai. It is really awesome!

The combination of the cola flavor and the spices is really yummy, it isn’t overly spicy-hot, the cola tapers the spicy flavor a bit, making it taste like a spiced soda but … served at a warm temperature and without all the bubbles … I bet this would be really good if it were brewed at a double strength and then served with soda water to give it some bubbles. It’s good now, without.

Really, surprisingly tasty.