Backlog:

Another tea consumed during the W-O-D. I really liked this Darjeeling, it had a very crisp, distinct flavor, a bit lighter on the muscatel than I would have thought given the name of the tea, that’s not really a complaint just an observation. I noticed the faintest notes of mint in the background that sort of took me by surprise. There is a fair amount of astringency to this one, it is both a cleansing astringency as well as slightly drying. I find that the astringency plays to the muscatel quite well, giving the tea a very wine-like finish.

Very pleasant, agreeably sweet, I found this to be one of the more energizing Darjeeling teas I’ve tasted. Most Darjeeling teas, for me at least, tend to be more relaxing and calming, and therefore I usually save them for afternoon enjoyment after I’ve had my stronger teas. But this tea had that kind of profile to it that I could easily enjoy in the morning and I don’t find that true with most Darjeeling teas.

A really nice Darjeeling.

I am obsessed with tea!