drank Grapefruit Dragon by Butiki Teas

Backlog:

Another tea from the W-O-D.

I am so glad that I decided to order this tea. It is so good. I often mentioned in my grapefruit green tea tasting notes that I was on a quest to find the right grapefruit green to rival my experience at Tohono Chul Park in Tucson, I had actually found that ACTUAL tea but somehow it just didn’t taste the same when I got it home. Maybe it’s the water temperature, maybe it’s the water itself … or the amount of leaf they used in the teapot … Who knows? All I know is that somehow, that grapefruit green tasted amazing at Tohono Chul Park but only tasted good, even really good, but not amazing when I brewed it at home.

A couple of months ago, I found a grapefruit tea that finally satisfied me enough to declare the search for the grapefruit green over, but, as I tasted this tea, I realized that it may have been premature to declare the search over … or at least, that I had found another grapefruit tea that was just as good if not BETTER than the grapefruit green – and yes, I think that this one IS better than the grapefruit green – at Tohono Chul Park.

The grapefruit flavor is so true to the fruit, but it has a sweeter flavor. There is definitely the tangy bitterness from the grapefruit too. After I sip this tea, the flavor that is left, tingling in my mouth in the aftertaste, is similar to the sensation I’d experience if I were to have taken a bite of real grapefruit. Amazing!

The Dragon Well works great with the flavor of the grapefruit, it imparts a slight sweetness and vegetative tone that works quite harmoniously with the flavor. Very enjoyable, this is one I’m really glad that I have in my stash now.

TeaEqualsBliss

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Grapefruit!

i am SOOO glad you enjoyed this! If Helena gets GMS, this might just be my tea after harassing stacy about it for months. It’s a good thing she’s forgiving! I really think this captures grapefruit pretty damn fantastically!

Butiki Teas

So glad you are enjoying this tea!

Sil-This is definitely your tea. Hahaha. I pushed it to the top of the list after your friendly reminders. :)

Gravitea

Ooo, putting this on my xmas wish list

Gravitea oh man doooooo iiitttttt!

Comments

TeaEqualsBliss

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Grapefruit!

Butiki Teas

So glad you are enjoying this tea!

Gravitea

Ooo, putting this on my xmas wish list

Gravitea oh man doooooo iiitttttt!

I am obsessed with tea!