This is AWESOME!

I had a cup of this yesterday, and I was just so in love with it that I didn’t even take the time away from it to type out a tasting note. It’s hard for me to stop between sips to write out thoughts now. It’s really good.

I love this not only because it tastes good, but because it’s a local product as well. By looking at their website, I see that nobody in Vancouver sells this (That’s Vancouver, Washington), but it’s in Portland. I may just have to start bugging my local Whole Foods to start carrying it since the Whole Foods in Portland does. And I can’t really convince my hubby to take me to a Whole Foods in Portland if there is one in Vancouver, and ESPECIALLY for a particular tea. LOL He seems to think I have enough tea, and there is no need for me to be buying more. He just doesn’t seem to understand that sometimes I find a tea so amazing that I NEED more of it. Any time I put the words “I need more” in front of the word tea, he starts laughing and stops listening to reason.

Anyway… this stuff is really good. There have been a couple of chai blends that I have really proclaimed as good (like mine, for example, and then there are the concentrates/premixed type of Chai like Third Street and Bhakti Chai, and there are others too – both powdered and loose leaf – that I’ve really enjoyed) this one is on the level of the very best … maybe even better than Bhakti! This is just so good.

One thing that I love about this is that it’s powdered, but unsweetened. So, I can totally control how sweet (or not) it is, and how strong I want by adding a little more powder. I followed the instructions yesterday, and took a little sip, then decided I wanted it just a little stronger so I added about half a scoop (the pouches come with the most adorable little bamboo scoop inside), and I could easily do this. To make it, you just boil water in the kettle, measure out 1/2 cup of boiling water, heat 1/2 cup of milk, combine and stir in 1 scoop (or in my case 1 1/2 scoops) of the chai powder, and then if you want it sweetened you can do that. I like my chai to have a little bit of sweetener because I think it accents the spices in a nice way, so I added about a 1/4 of a teaspoon of Turbinado Sugar and this made it absolutely amazingly delicious.

Spicy, creamy, decadent, rich, and perfect. I am going to be BUGGING my local Whole Foods to carry this.

Babble

I wonder how this compared to Tipu’s Chai which is also unsweetened. I have some of it, and it’s a little … harsh. I use it to make chai oatmeal and it works really well.

CheshireEyes

Definitely will order some of this from their website I have been searching for unsweetened chai mix.

LiberTEAS

@Rachel: while everyone has their own taste, when I prepared it according to suggested instructions, I did not find this to be harsh. It was flavorful … not too spicy, not too mild. I added a little extra powder to my cup because I wanted a little more spice to it. If that helps?

Babble

Did you add sweetener and milk to it or drink it plain? I was hoping the powder would be comparable to a plain cup of chai tea that I might make myself, so I was a little disappointed. But like i said, it does work well in oatmeal :)

LiberTEAS

The instructions that are on the packet say use 4 ounces of boiling water, 4 ounces of milk and 1 scoop of tea (there’s a little scoop in the pouch) … so that’s what I did. After everything was combined, I heated it up a little to accommodate for the milk. I took a sip and found that I wanted a little more spice so I added about another half scoop. I haven’t made it without milk yet, because I’ve loved the latte so much. I do add about 1/4 teaspoon of turbinado sugar to it (as I do with all chai because I feel the spices benefit from it).

Comments

Babble

CheshireEyes