Up until recently, peanut butter flavored teas scared me. I’m not sure exactly why they weirded me out so much, but they did. And I’m not sure I can adequately explain how I got over it, but I’ll try. Some time ago, in one of my Foodzie boxes, I received some Salty Peanut flavored Salt Water Taffy. It was amazing. Seriously, the best taffy I ever tasted. It tasted like peanut butter but a little saltier. And it was SO good.

So, I somehow deduced that if this taffy could taste THAT good, that maybe, just maybe peanut butter flavored teas would taste good too. I don’t know how I connected taffy and tea together in this way. My mind is a strange and mysterious thing, the way it works.

It’s not that I dislike peanut butter. I actually like peanut butter. But, somehow a peanut butter tea just didn’t seem right. I don’t know why. Again … my mind and the way it works is a strange and mysterious thing.

Anyway … on to this tisane. It’s actually quite yummy. I taste the peanut butter, the chocolate and the cheesecake. The cheesecake flavor really pops in this. As it cools, I notice a hint of buttery-pastry flavor … just a little bit though.

I also taste the honeybush, and basically what tasting the honeybush does for me is make me glad that Frank did not choose to use rooibos in this because I prefer the taste of honeybush over rooibos… and I like the sweet, nutty flavor of the honeybush in this cup. I don’t think I’d like this quite as much if it were a rooibos blend.

Really yummy. Not the best thing I ever tasted or anything, but, I’m really glad that I tasted it.

BoxerMama

This is one I’ve wanted to try, to be fair I don’t think I have even ever had a honeybush tea. I’m also nervous of peanut butter tea.

Veronica

The idea of peanut butter tea weirds me out, too. Although I must admit that you’ve made me curious! If anyone could pull it off a good peanut butter tea it would be Frank.

I’m with you on the weird! I love peanut butter…but the thought of “drinking” it seems really strange

Comments

BoxerMama

Veronica