Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me a bit of this tea.

This is a really pleasing Sencha … as I sit here, sipping on it, I am trying to recall the last time I consumed a pure Sencha, and I can’t do so. I’ve had so many other green teas, primarily flavored, in the past weeks, but, I haven’t had a pure Sencha like this in a while. It’s a nice change … very refreshing.

The aroma of the dry leaf initially reminded me of seaweed, but after the package had breathed for a moment, I noticed more of a freshly cut grass kind of smell.

The brewed tea smells a bit more like mild, steamed vegetables … reminding me a bit of the broccoli that I steamed last night, only this is a bit more on the “grassy” vegetable side, smelling a bit more like spinach, I think. The flavor is not spinach-y though, or even broccoli-ish. It is sweet, grassy, and crisp. There is a very fresh, vibrant sort of taste to it. Very smooth. Nice.

I am obsessed with tea!