drank Caramel Apple Oolong by 52teas

I’m trying this two different ways today – this first way is using my gaiwan as the brewing vessel and using short steeps. The first two infusions were a little disappointing, because they tasted vaguely chemical and artificial. These were not terrible infusions, but, they weren’t as good as the ones to follow … so after getting past those first two infusions, I am now getting a pleasing caramel taste, a slightly toasty-smoky note in the background that melds magnificently with the caramel notes, but I don’t get a lot of apple-y taste until toward the tail of the sip. The apple sort of lingers in the aftertaste with that roasty-toasty taste and a faint hint of caramel.

Overall, it’s quite yummy brewed in the gaiwan … it’s funny, but I decided to brew it in my Breville after those first two infusions … but now I’m really liking it gongfu style… but, I am still going to try it in my Breville too … if for no other reason than curiosities sake.

gmathis

This sounds wonderful!

Comments

gmathis

This sounds wonderful!