I chose this tea because I found the idea of Green Papaya interesting and a little something outside of what I would normally choose. But because it tends to be sour, I chose the Imperial Matcha base for this, thinking that the sweeter, better tasting base would help offset some of the Green Papaya’s more acidic nature.

And I was correct … I find this to be delightfully balanced. Tart but not too sour, and very nicely sweet. I’m actually loving the Imperial base at the moment, I might have to start upgrading my orders from Red Leaf from this point forward. I like this a lot.

It tastes creamy and rich and sweet and just … oh-so-yummy. The papaya BRIGHTENS the bowl with its acid, I taste that note on my tongue toward the finish and into the aftertaste, and it is really pleasant. It is sour, but I don’t feel the need to pucker because of the balance brought by the sweetness of the Imperial Matcha.

Beautiful Matcha.

Edited to Add: We will be giving away this Matcha with these specifics (Imperial Matcha, Distinctive Flavoring) in a contest on SororiTea Sisters that will begin January 5th!

I am obsessed with tea!