Backlog: A really excellent Japanese Black tea. I’ve not had a lot of Japanese Black Teas, maybe fewer than a handful, but, I’ve loved those that I’ve tried. They are delicious, sweet with an earthy, sort of raw sweetness, reminiscent of raw sugar. There is a raw sort of earthiness to the flavor as well, but, at the same time, it’s remarkably smooth, with no bitterness and very little astringency (it’s there, but you have to really focus on finding it to find it. Deep notes of cacao, again, it almost tastes like raw cacao, but, every once in a while I also taste a hint of roasted cacao too. Very intriguing this tea, it just pulls me in and keeps me captivated. I love it.

I am obsessed with tea!