drank Butter Brandy Cake by 52teas

I’ve been drinking this tea almost every other day for the last week or two now, I found it to be a very comforting drink while I was feeling under the weather. But, because I didn’t trust my taste buds while being sick … and quite frankly, because I didn’t feel up to writing a whole lot, I didn’t record any of those tasting notes.

Now that I’m feeling better, and now that I have spent so much time with this tea … I can say that I really REALLY like it. The sip starts with a taste of brandy – that sweet, fruity, almost-wine-ish kind of taste that hits the tongue, and then I notice a sweet, caramel-y note that is quite delectable. About mid-sip, the baked cake notes start to shine through. It’s really good … and while I have never tasted a butter brandy cake before, if this is what they taste like (sans the taste of the rich black tea base) then I would certainly be willing to try one in the future.

A really tasty blend!