Backlog:

I was kind of surprised by the stemmy-ness of this tea when I first opened the package. Usually I find one or two stems in a tea … it’s to be expected, although generally, the more stems, the lesser the quality (Generally speaking of course). However, after closer inspection of the ingredient list … it actually says “Camellia Sinensis Stems” … it’s supposed to be stemmy!

There is a nice roasty note to this tea. I found that the tea tasted better when it is allowed to cool for a few minutes. When served piping hot, the flavors were kind of … obscured. But after a few minutes (about five) the flavors began to pop! Ah… there’s the butterscotch! Buttery, caramel-ish, and absolutely YUM!

Sweet, but not cloyingly so. (I like butterscotch, but I find that it can be a tad cloying to me … I didn’t get that with this tea). The tea base is the strongest flavor of this cup, and perhaps that’s why the butterscotch did not become an overwhelmingly sweet thing for me. The tea is robust and rich … A really tasty dessert tea.

Mmmmmmmmmm tasty