drank Raspberry Cream by 52teas

Backlog:

Yummy!

I know I’ve said this before, but I am really glad that 52Teas revamped it’s black tea base when it did (at least a year ago now), because I really like the black tea base now. Before, it was always kind of iffy. Sometimes the base really worked, other times, not so much. This is much smoother and richer, while at the same time keeping that robust flavor.

And it’s a good base for the flavors of raspberry and cream. The malty notes of the black tea meld nicely with the sweet, creamy notes. I did find myself wanting a little more creamy notes in this … it was a little too light on the vanilla cream taste in my opinion. The raspberry is sweet and just the right amount of tart.

However, the cream notes really POP once the tea cools a bit. This one is tasty iced!

52teas

It’s funny to me about the base tea. I have other people saying they hate the new base and it’s too finicky. Still others seem to swear that the base is different from one tea to the best when I KNOW for a fact that I used tea from the same exact batch for each of the blends. I guess it’s just hard to please everyone. I was actually thinking the other day that maybe I should toy with it some more, but then I’m sure I would have some customers upset that some reblends were a little different.

52teas

*from one tea to the NEXT, not best. lol.

LiberTEAS

My biggest problem with the old base is that it could be harsh. Not always … it really depended upon the flavors you were working with … some blends would come off as harsh and others would not. This one is much more reliable, in my opinion, I haven’t experienced the same harshness that I sometimes got from the old blend.

Comments

52teas

52teas

*from one tea to the NEXT, not best. lol.

LiberTEAS