drank Butter Rum by 52teas

Backlog:

I liked this tea quite a bit … even better than the lifesavers candy. To tell the truth, I’m not big on the Butter Rum flavored lifesavers, but, the idea of dropping a butter rum lifesaver into a cup of black tea … now that sounds yummy. (I’d also go for a Werther’s candy in my black tea.)

I know I’ve said it before, but I’m going to say it again. I love the changes that 52Teas made to it’s black tea base. Before, it was a bit harsh (depending upon what flavors it was blended with) and since the change … I’ve not had an issue with the harshness at all. And as I typed that, I couldn’t help but wonder how these flavors might taste with just a touch of Lapsang Souchong in the blend. A smoky Butter Rum. You could call it Grandpa’s Butter Rum! My grandpa didn’t smoke pipes or cigars, but, whenever I think of pipe smoke, I think of a grandpa-ish type dude.

Anyway … here, the black tea is bold and rich and flavorful … a good base for the flavoring of butter rum.

I love the vanilla in this tea, it gives the cup just the right amount of creaminess. The overall cup is smooth, rich, delicious and delightfully Butter Rummy.

gmathis

My hubby is a huge butter rum fan—I have to go chase down Life Savers for his Christmas stocking every year. Getting harder to find!

man those lifesavers bring back memories…my grandma used to give them to me every christmas…

Terri HarpLady

oh yeah, I used to love love love me some buttered rum candy!

LiberTEAS

Every year, I have a tradition of getting my oldest daughter one of the “lifesavers” storybooks in her christmas stocking. And those usually have a roll of the butter rum lifesavers. They’re her favorite too.

Comments

gmathis

Terri HarpLady

oh yeah, I used to love love love me some buttered rum candy!

LiberTEAS