drank Vanilla Mint Chai by Rishi Tea

Backlog:

Tasty, although I don’t agree with calling it a chai. Yeah, I know that chai means “tea” but I think that most of us have come to accept chai to mean the warmly spiced (and sometimes spicy!) tea blends. This blend only has cinnamon, licorice root and vanilla that I’d categorize as a “spice” and a herb (mint). Not enough spices to call it a chai!

It’s still tasty though!

The pu-erh is earthy and mellow, and it sits off in the background. The mint and vanilla are in the foreground, giving this a taste that is reminiscent of the creamy center of a peppermint patty. YUM! The licorice root is subtle but it adds a pleasant snap to the cup.

Not too minty, not too earthy, I like the balance of this tea and it’s really quite a treat.