Backlog:

I actually sampled the 2012 version of this tea.

A rather unique Puerh … light in color and flavor. It smells more vegetative than earthy, which is also quite unique in a Puerh.

Sweet, smooth and mellow. No astringency. No bitterness. Just … smooth!

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2013/11/11/2012-douji-hong-shang-dou-raw-puerh-tea-cake-china-cha-dao/

Charles Thomas Draper

A 2011 raw puerh should never be earthy. A shu, yes. Sheng, never…

LiberTEAS

I usually find most puerh earthy on some level. Sheng are definitely less so than Shu, but I usually taste earthy notes. (Even though the title says 2011, I used the same listing for the 2012 … not that it matters.)

It is too new to be earthy

LiberTEAS

I generally pick up on earthy notes in most Pu-erh. I also pick up on earthy notes in some white, green and black teas. They may not all taste of the same “earthy” quality, but it is still earthy to me.

Comments

Charles Thomas Draper

A 2011 raw puerh should never be earthy. A shu, yes. Sheng, never…

It is too new to be earthy