drank Violet Femme by Zhi Tea

Backlog:

Always happy to try Earl Grey varieties that I’ve not yet sampled.

The sharp, tangy bergamot is nicely softened here by sweet, creamy vanilla. I love the touch of lavender. Everything comes together in a really nice way.

The black tea has a nice richness to it. It is bold without being overly astringent. Not bitter but I wouldn’t advise oversteeping. 2 1/2 minutes in my Breville one touch makes it perfect.

The bergamot is strong, but I like the way the sweet vanilla softens the edges of the bergamot. There is almost a caramel-y note to this too. The lavender is soft here, not at all overdone, so there’s no soapy taste.

Masterfully blended.

sherapop

Sounds great—I, too, am always looking for a good purple Earl!

Comments

sherapop

Sounds great—I, too, am always looking for a good purple Earl!

I am obsessed with tea!