drank Mandarin Chai by Davidson's

Backlog:

A friend sent me this tea as part of a holiday gift.

Meh … this is alright, but as far as chai blends go, it’s a little on the underwhelming side. There is a flavorful black tea base, but I found the spices to be a little lacking. It’s not really spicy, and while I’ve enjoyed many chai blends that I wouldn’t consider “spicy” or hot … I feel like this blend sort of misses the mark a little. I think it needs some ginger.

I do like the licorice-y snap to this, though. It’s got a nice warmth to it, I just want that peppery kick from the ginger, and I feel like this blend suffers because of the lack of ginger.

I am obsessed with tea!