drank Rare Orchid Oolong by Tea Source

Backlog:

I was really happy that teas from Tea Source were in the Steepster Select box. This is a company that I’ve not tried teas from and I’m always happy to try new to me teas!

There is a malty note to this Oolong and that’s not something that I generally experience with an Oolong, but I like it! A really lovely, different Oolong.

I never really caught a strong “asparagus” note as some of the others who tasted this tea did. The early infusions offered no real asparagus tones to me, and in later infusions if I really focused, I could taste hints of it, but, it was never a really assertive flavor.

What I did get was the aforementioned malt, notes of vanilla which offered sweetness and a lovely creamy texture and flavor, honey notes and floral notes. Fruit notes began to develop in later infusions.

A really nice Oolong. Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/03/23/rare-orchid-oolong-tea-tea-source/