drank Blue Lady Black by Zest Tea

Backlog:

I’ve tried and reviewed three out of the four Zest Teas thus far (the other reviews/tasting notes coming soon), and overall, I’d give these teas a thumbs up.

I really liked this Blue Lady. Fragrant, sweet and fruity. I like that while the fruit notes are strong, the Nilgiri black tea is stronger and isn’t overpowered by the fruit. I like that even though there is hibiscus in the blend, it seems to do more to enhance some of the contrasting tones of the fruit than it does stand out and taste like hibiscus.

The black tea has a nice malt note. The extra caffeine doesn’t add a weird or funky or off taste at all. In fact, if this had been brewed “blindly” – that is, if I had not known that I was brewing a “High Octane” tea, I wouldn’t have known by the taste that it was a high octane tea. It tastes like a fruit flavored tea. It tastes great.

But it does certainly pack a kick in the pants!

Here’s my full-length review: http://sororiteasisters.com/2014/04/15/blue-lady-black-tea-zest-tea/