drank Autumn Chai by Custom-Adagio Teas

Backlog:

This one has a prominent apple scent. Amid all the other spices in this blend, I was happily surprised to notice such a strong apple presence.

I’m not really all that crazy about Adagio when it comes to their flavored black teas. It’s just a very harsh and funky black tea … I think that Adagio should rethink this base … but I’ve thought that for a long time. I have mentioned though, at least once or twice, that when the flavored black teas are used in the custom blends like this one, the harshness seems to be less prevalent. I’m not sure why that is.

The spices here are warm and inviting. The cinnamon is the strongest flavor but it doesn’t overpower the ginger, clove and cardamom. There is a lovely caramel note to the cup, and then I taste apple and a hint of orange. It’s a really nice interpretation of an “Autumn Chai.”