drank Assam Meleng by Narien Teas

I wrote a review for this tea for The Tea Review Blog about a week or so ago, although it’s not yet been published. I really like this Assam. It has a pleasant malty character, but it is quite different from other Assam teas in that it possesses a wine-like quality to it.

I usually prefer to drink this tea in the early evening with my dinner, however, I recently procured a bit of Chipotle Chai Spice from World Spice Merchants, and I was anxious to try some. The Chai spice does not come with tea, it is just a blend of spices that you can add to the tea of your choice, so I just happened to grab this Assam this morning.

The spice has a very bold kick to it – very spicy indeed! I added an ample dollop of honey and I heated and frothed my milk for the chai – this is better than any coffee shop could prepare for me! It has a hint of sweetness – almost a fruity sweetness – but it’s ever so delicate, a bit smoky, but not too much, and a lot spicy. This really packs a punch!

LiberTEAS

I’m really liking this chai blend. I think the next time I will try brewing it with my chocolate rose romance – it would be spectacular with the chipotle! Maybe a pinch of salt to keep it interesting!

Christeana

I like the creative use of flavors. I have a lovely, malty assam that just cries out for a dash of maple syrup and a tad of orange liqueur.

Comments

LiberTEAS

Christeana