drank Grapefruit Green by Lupicia

My order from Lupicia arrived today. I’m thrilled!

Before I begin with my tasting notes, I want to talk a bit about grapefruit green tea. Last year, I went to Tohono Chul Park (in Tucson, AZ), and of course I had to dine in their tea room. I had their high tea, and I selected their grapefruit green tea to accompany my meal. It was absolutely delightful. Since that time, I’ve been looking for a grapefruit green tea that is as delightful. So far, I haven’t yet found one (I did contact the supplier of that tea. They did get back to me to tell me when they would sell locally. However, I live in Washington state, not AZ, so I couldn’t attend their local sale. I asked them if I might procure from them via mail, but they have not replied to that request)

So… that is why I ordered from Lupicia – in the hopes that their Grapefruit Green tea might be as good as I remember the tea being in Tucson…

Alas… it is not. That is not to say it is not a good tea, it is decent. A fresh, grassy taste to the leaves which is the strongest profile of the cup. The grapefruit is a very pleasing flavor, not overwhelmingly sour but pleasantly tart, with a nice citrus-y aftertaste. I like. But still, my search must go on!

LiberTEAS

I must say that as I continue to drink this tea, the flavors develop significantly. I like it much better now than I did when I first took a sip.

LiberTEAS

The second infusion of the leaves is quite a bit softer in flavor – but I am enjoying it, and I don’t know if I could tell you if I prefer the stronger flavor of the first cup or the softer taste of this one. What I can tell you is that I’m liking it the more I drink it and I think that with my next entry into my tealog about this tea, I shall have to up the ranking a bit.

Comments

LiberTEAS

I am obsessed with tea!