drank Honeybee by The Simple Leaf

Time for my daily Oolong! No… I don’t have Oolong every SINGLE day, but I do try to. It is my favorite tea, after all!

This is the first time I’m tasting this Oolong from The Simple Leaf, but I was so incredibly impressed with “Dawn” that I have high expectations. Also, it is an Oolong from Nepal, and I have had a couple of Oolongs from Nepal and have loved them. So… yeah… I expect big taste from this cup of Oolong.

And it delivers! Not my favorite Oolong, but it is really good. Distinct notes of honey in the aroma and the taste. Pleasant mouthfeel – not as thick and buttery as a greener Oolong would be, but, very smooth and silky. It also possesses a woodsy character and a fruit-like quality to it. It is quite a bit lighter in flavor than other Oolongs, so I think the next time I brew this tea I’ll steep a little longer.

Stephanie

I have this one too! I really should sample it soon. But I have horrible allergies right now so I don’t think I could do it justice. What’s your favorite oolong?

Ali Shan High Mountain from Norbu:

LOVE it.

I have pretty horrible allergies too, fortunately though, my Allergi-TEA and the local raw honey is doing it’s job and I’m experiencing fewer and fewer symptoms with each new day. A week ago… I was a mess!

Stephanie

Thanks! I have to check out Norbu! I waiting on some oolong samples from Teaspring. After them, Norbu’s Ali Shan is next!

I’m drinking pu-erh right now and it seems to be helping somehow. But I still feel blech.

LiberTEAS

I’m on to my second infusion of these leaves. The second infusion produces a much earthier taste. Honey notes still there although they are much softer. The woodsy characteristics I mentioned earlier are much more pronounced in the second steeping. Floral notes are more evident in this infusion as well.

Comments

Stephanie

Ali Shan High Mountain from Norbu: