drank Pirate's Chai by Pirate's Chai

I am so excited that my order for this arrived this afternoon. I love this chai! It’s available to the general public – I don’t know if it’s for a limited time or not, but what I do know is that when I contacted them back in October about purchasing a small amount they would not sell to me because I was not a coffee shop or similar. So I was happy when I happened across their website last week and noticed that they’re raising money for Haiti relief by selling smaller (personal size) portions of their tea to the public! woo hoo!

What makes this chai so unique is that it’s a MATCHA chai! I prepare it the same way I’d prepare matcha, except that I heat milk (yes… for this tea I’m even willing to heat milk) instead of water. It doesn’t need anything else… just milk and stirring — you can do this without a chasen, but I do use mine for it because I have one.

The flavor is chai-spicy with the natural sweetness of matcha – it’s creamy and thick and oh-so-good. You can read my review I wrote of it several months ago here:

Oh wow, this is so good I might make myself a second cup!

LiberTEAS

yes, I did indeed make myself another cup… and as I sit here sipping it (read: gulping it down hungrily) I am contemplating ordering more while the getting is good – I LOVE this chai!

LiberTEAS

Oh… and also, one significant difference between stirring it with a spoon (or a fork) and a chasen is that with the chasen, it stays blended longer. Or… it may be that I drink it so fast because it’s SO GOOD that I didn’t notice that the “sludge” had developed at the bottom of the chawan because there was no time for it.

Stephanie

Matcha chai?! A match made in heaven!!

LiberTEAS

So yum. I’m sitting here thinking about it… and wanting more. I’m going to be finished with my 8 ounces quickly! LOL

Cofftea

As much as I wish it was not sweetened, I must try this!

LENA

sounds absolutely delish!

AmazonV

i googled for it…and found a 1.5 gallon serving the smallest…am i missing something that’s a lot of chai!

LiberTEAS

AmazonV: No, that is the smallest… although it does come in a dry, powdered form, which equals 8 ounces of tea.

Comments

LiberTEAS

Stephanie

Matcha chai?! A match made in heaven!!

Cofftea

As much as I wish it was not sweetened, I must try this!

LENA