Good Afternoon! The last time I visited Whole Foods Market, I purchased this limited edition Dragonwell from the Tao of Tea. I have very much enjoyed their teas in the past so I felt confident that I’d like this one as well. Plus… I love their tins!

The dry leaf possesses a very strong vegetative quality that softens into more of a roasted vegetable scent once it’s brewed. It’s funny to me because there was once a time when I would find these aromas to be rather off-putting, but now I love them! I don’t know if I have become a more skillful tea brewer, or if my palate has acquired a better appreciation for green tea. Either way… now when I smell a high quality Dragon Well such as this… all I can think is … OH YUM!

The depth and complexity of flavor here is remarkable. I love the nutty quality of this tea as well as the faint vegetative characteristic… and there is even a pleasant floral note right at the start as the tea hits the tip of the tongue. There is very little astringency. Slightly buttery, just a hint of bitterness, a delicious sweetness. A lovely tea!

LiberTEAS

This tea provided me with four very flavorful infusions. I think the third one was my favorite!