drank Sakura Sencha by Den's Tea

I love cherry flavored sencha teas, especially in the spring time.

The aroma is very vegetative but with a pleasing cherry note.

The flavor is very nice – the cherry sencha teas I’ve tasted in the past possess a stronger cherry flavoring, but are often on the verge of being too sweet or too much like cherry cough syrup. The fruit flavor here is lighter, but much more natural tasting.

The sencha leaves are very fresh tasting. Strong vegetative quality.

Overall, I’m very pleased with this flavored sencha.

LiberTEAS

The second infusion of the leaves is even better than the first! The vegetative nature of the leaves softens a bit and unifies with the cherry flavor, which is much more pronounced (but still natural in flavor) in this infusion. I may just need to give my score on this tea an upgrade.

~lauren.

Did your sencha taste extremely buttery? I had this the other day and I couldn’t get over how buttery it was – ten minutes after I finished the tea, I still had the taste in my mouth, and an hour or so later with a totally different tea (prepared with a different set of teaware), I was still tasting butteryness in my mouth! Yours?

LiberTEAS

Yes, there is a distinct buttery note to this tea, although, it is not as strong to me as a green Oolong such as Ali Shan from Norbu (my favorite!) But, yes, the taste does – interestingly enough – stay with you after you’ve finished the cup. This was my last tea of the evening, so I can’t really comment on whether it affected my ability to properly taste another tea afterward, but, I will be sure to note that for future tastings.

Cherry senchas are among my favorites, though, there is something that is so very ‘spring’ about them, and spring doesn’t quite feel complete without drinking cherry sencha. This is the best cherry sencha I’ve tried, and I attribute that to both the flavoring which was incredibly natural as well as the tea which is very fresh, perhaps that is why it was so buttery. It was quite like buttered vegetables.

~lauren.

I think you nailed it – ‘buttered vegetables’, YES!

Comments

LiberTEAS

~lauren.

I think you nailed it – ‘buttered vegetables’, YES!

I am obsessed with tea!