Another sampling from Doulton! (Thank you Doulton!)

At first wiff – the aroma of the dry leaf is remarkable. Jasmine. (sigh) How I love Jasmine. Fragrance wise, this may be – perhaps – even more beautiful than jasmine pearls. That is very difficult for me to say, for my love affair with the pearls is a very passionate one, indeed. The aroma of the brewed tea is quite a bit softer.

Lovely! The green tea is very fresh and pleasantly vegetative – not a strong vegetative presence, but enough grassy flavor so that it melds nicely with the floral essence of the jasmine. This is perhaps why I prefer jasmine greens to other jasmine teas, because the fresh, grassy essence pairs so well with the jasmine.

I cannot say that I prefer this to pearls. But, I can say that this is probably the best jasmine green tea that is not pearls that I’ve tasted… certainly worthy of an order from me! I only wonder what I shall do with the caravan……

JacquelineM

I haven’t developed a liking for the smoky side either, and I traded my Caravan for a Thomas Sampson :) I bet if you order and once you get it, you put the Caravan on “Discussions” you’ll get some trading interest :) I LOVE the Jasmine Green and the Earl Grey :) and did notice quite a few steepsterites saying they are going to be devistated once their tin of Caravan is finished…

Doulton

I love Caravan and Jackee Muntz best of all the A and D teas. I didn’t get a chance to try the New Year’s tea—or the tiger tea—whatever it was.

On the other hand, I am torn about falling in love with limited edition teas. Does one want to set oneself up for heart-break? Or are these limited editions some sort of Zen test for developing our lack of attachment?

~lauren.

Oh, so glad you got to taste the A&D DFT Jasmine Green tea. I just fell in love with the scent of the dry tea leaves, as well as the first infusion aroma and taste! Isn’t this one amazing?

LiberTEAS

lauren: Yes I was very impressed with this jasmine… VERY impressed.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Did you cave and get Series 3 from Selects today?

Yes, I did. LOL

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Yay! We should get a flood of Series 3 tealogs as everyone’s orders arrive at around the same time.

Comments

JacquelineM

Doulton

~lauren.

LiberTEAS

lauren: Yes I was very impressed with this jasmine… VERY impressed.

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

Did you cave and get Series 3 from Selects today?

Yes, I did. LOL