I received this sample from JK Tea Shop on Monday, but, my Mondays and Tuesdays are generally pretty hectic since they are typically hubby’s days off, and we’re always out running errands and such… so I saved trying this tea until this evening when I could really give it my full attention.

Based on AmazonV’s suggestion, I brewed these beautiful blossoms 3 minutes. The resulting liquor is a very pale, even paler than pale yellow. The aroma is vegetal and floral, but perhaps more vegetative than floral.

The flavor is very smooth and fresh tasting. It has a floral taste to it (not surprising, right?) and an interesting vegetative quality as well as a pollen-y characteristic – almost sweet, but not quite.

Because I found the flavor a bit in need of a little something after my initial taste, I added a very small amount of raw honey and the result was very pleasing. The addition of honey seems to pump up the natural sweetness of this tisane. It is just ok without the honey, but with the honey, it’s much more pleasant to drink.