Finishing up the last of this sampling that Doulton sent me. Thank you! You are so kind!

I really like this tea – I think I may even like the smoky quality to it! And that’s not an easy feat. I notice that the smokiness is more in the aroma than in the flavor though. If I smell the tea before I sip (which I normally do) the taste is much smokier than if I sip without a deep inhale. But… I don’t find the smoky flavor here unpleasant – quite the opposite, actually.

I use a little extra leaf and steep a little less time than the brewing parameters suggest… and the tea comes out perfectly for me.

I am obsessed with tea!